NBC News Digital is looking for a talented Senior Producer to join its growing Original Social team. This new role will report to the Executive Producer of Original Social Video and will manage a small team of Social Producers. We're looking for an innovative producer who has their finger on the pulse of news and social trends to help drive our short-form video strategy. If you're a social-first news consumer, a strong storyteller, and a strong leader who's always down to try new things, let's chat!
This role requires experience in managing Social Producers; writing and vetting scripts; and assigning stories; using analytics to understand the NBC News, Stay Tuned, and MSNBC audiences on TikTok, Instagram and YouTube. This producer should have strong news instincts, lead by example, and have a unique social-first perspective.
• Edit original social video for NBC News, our GenZ news brand Stay Tuned, and MSNBC
• Identify key news moments, assign stories, review scripts and edits, and package video for publishing
• Partner with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions to their print stories
• Drive experimentation of new formats native to each social platform
• Work with reporters, social video producers, and others who appear in social video to hone their voice and style
• Minimum 3 years experience producing social video
• Fluent in the culture of social media and online communities – especially TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube
• A strong understanding of social analytics, and the ability to provide informed feedback on content performance
• Experience in managing social video producers, associate producers, and production associates
• Strong news judgment and excellent writing, research, interviewing and communication skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and social in-app editing tools
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqq8n1-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.