• Oversee the daily editorial demands of the Capitol Hill, Pentagon, State and Justice Department teams, ensuring that the needs of all NBC News Group platforms are being met.
• Work directly under the Deputy Bureau Chief, with a focus on enterprise reporting and breaking news.
• Lead the beat producers and work closely with the White House Unit to standardize best practices and training, with a close eye on opportunities for collaboration.
• Support the Director of Newsgathering as needed, assisting with scheduling and logistical demands.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of editorial and broadcast experience, with previous management experience preferred.
• In-depth understanding of politics, sourced reporting and political coverage.
• Clear understanding of all relevant platforms – network, cable, digital and streaming.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Clear ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
• Interest in mentoring and staff development.
• Ability to travel with occasional work on weekends.