Role Title: Senior Producer (Long Form)
Location: London - Osterley
Division: Engel Unit
Reporting to: Ian Sherwood
NBC News is looking for a Senior Producer to join the Engel Unit working on the team producing with NBC News' Chief Foreign Correspondent Richard Engel. While daily news is an essential part of our output, this role will also focus on the unit's long form documentary efforts. So, experience in longform is a requirement.
The job will primarily be working on the multi-award winning On Assignment documentary series so the ability to shoot and edit is preferable.
A deep understanding and interest in current affairs is a requirement. And the person must show experience of working in difficult environments.
The senior producer will at times be required to work in some of the most remote and difficult places in the world and will also supervise and direct the work of producers, crews, editors, and associate producers along with local teams whilst in the field, ensuring the safety, integrity, and performance of everyone involved. Awareness of Covid protocols also needed.
Working with Richard Engel and the unit's Executive Editor and Executive Producer you will create compelling and important stories for all platforms, primarily for broadcast.
• Experience in longform documentaries is a requirement.
• Managing complex schedules and logistics, as well as maintaining editorial oversight of multiple stories being shot simultaneously around the world.
• Keeping several long form shows on track, on budget and on time.
• Coordinating with all parts of NBC News, MSNBC and digital platforms. Each of our productions – whether it's a live shot, a Nightly News piece or a story for NBC News.com, requires close coordination with many parts of the NBC family around the world. You will need to navigate these relationships and excel at coordinating the various processes that get a story on any of our NBC News platforms.
• Owning the production process, from pitching original and ambitious international stories, to supervising a sizable team in the field while reporting the story, all the way back to the writing of the script and supervising the edit process.
• Travelling when required and often at short notice to chase stories wherever they are around the world.
• Working well within a team devoted to fast-paced and unpredictable coverage. You will need to be flexible, loyal to your colleagues and always focus on how to make the story – any story – better.
• Embrace the changing assignments that come your way and thrive in a team where mutual assistance and support are key values.
• An understanding of Covid protocols whilst working in the field.
• Mentor and grow more junior team members.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to shoot preferable.
• The ability to edit is also preferable
• Experience covering international news at a major broadcast network preferable
• Demonstrable understanding of major international stories and regions of coverage, based on first-hand experience in the field
• Must have experience of creating content that will perform well across digital platforms
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Full English language capabilities
• Must be willing and able to travel frequently and work flexible hours (including weekends) under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must be able to work or travel when news breaks, regardless of any pre-planned schedule
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and the post holder may be required to carry out any other tasks as requested and within capabilities.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xvy8-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.