We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC News Digital is looking for a talented senior producer to join its Digital Docs and Enterprise team. This new role will report to the Senior Executive Editor of Digital Video Productions and will manage producers who drive innovative, long-form, in-depth storytelling at NBC News. We're looking for a strong editorial leader who sees the digital doc, video forensics, and long-form narrative opportunities in a hard news cycle. They should have a knack for knowing the stories that will breakout and resonate well beyond a fast-moving news cycle and know how to distill editorial complexity into the video medium.
This role requires experience in managing producers and reporters, driving editorial, working across platforms, units and bureaus. The ideal candidate is also a strong script writer, meticulous editor, sharp and facile on reviewing story pitches, production plans, scripts, rough edits to final publication. The candidate should have strong news instincts, a proven track record of success producing original reporting, and impeccable editorial judgment.
• Lead small teams of producers on video projects to regularly produce short-form and long-form original video stories across the news cycle.
• The ability to produce daily news stories, features, enterprise and investigative work across the news cycle.
• Ability to spot key news moments with deeper storytelling potential and determine best execution of that story.
• Pitch and develop stories, direct and guide editorial approach, review scripts and edits, and manage the editorial accuracy throughout.
• Closely guide and direct teams throughout the reporting and story production process on a daily and weekly basis, from story ideation to completion.
• Partner with writers, editors and reporters throughout NBC News and collaborate to produce the best of what NBC News has to offer.
• Text writing, scripting and copy editing when necessary.
• Maintain timely understanding of current events and ongoing coverage on NBC News platforms.
• Develop robust working relationships with editorial leaders across the NBCU News Group to help cull the strongest stories. Working closely with senior leadership, drive editorial storytelling in video to become the best in class.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant working experience.
• Minimum 6 years experience producing longer-length, multimedia, high-impact video for a major news organization.
• At least 3 years of experience overseeing complex news stories and managing the team responsible for their production.
• Experience directly managing producers.
• Strong news judgment and excellent writing, research, interviewing and communication skills.
• Strong field production experience working under long lead time or deadline pressure.
• Intimate knowledge of the video news production process.
• Nimbleness and ambition in assessing narratives of stories and juggling multiple projects, as we continue to innovate video formats and strategy.
• Strong team collaborator as well as in a broader news organization.
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
• Able and willing to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must be willing to work in NYC.
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $135,000 - $190,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
• • •
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0j4qe-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.