London, United Kingdom
Role Title: Senior Human Resources Manager - NBCU News
NBCUniversal are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 25 hours of television news programming with the top-rated NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and Meet the Press programs as well as America's longest-running morning news program, TODAY. The network's primetime newsmagazine, Dateline provides a variety of in-depth stories week in and week out ranging from mysteries and breaking news to hidden-camera investigations and documentaries. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital Group, includes NBCNews.com, TODAY.com, MSNBC.com, iVillage, BreakingNews.com, theGrio.com, NBCLatino.com, NBCPolitics.com, EducationNation.com, NightlyNews.com, Newsvine.com, social media, apps and all of the network's digital initiatives.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
In this exciting role you'll be responsible for providing holistic generalist HR support for NBC News International in the London Bureau and various locations across the globe. The role will report into the SVP Global Human Resources for NBC News Group in New York. This role is an important partner to News leadership and the HR teams in the US and International. The role will help drive and execute on strategic priorities for the business. The role requires exceptional business partnership, solutions focus and the ability to support employees in a fast paced, demanding environment.
• Strategically and creatively drive HR initiatives including staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, employee development, total rewards and recognition, and organisational effectiveness.
• Work closely with business and HR leadership own and drive the NBC News HR priorities for International
• Be the first point of contact for all HR related activities for the NBC News leadership team, line managers and employees in International.
• Conduct investigations in a timely manner with empathy
• Contribute to HR agenda for NBCUniversal International, and act as an active participant and collaborator within the International HR team.
• Build and maintain effective partnerships with specialist and generalist International HR teams, including Total Rewards, Global Mobility, Talent Acquisition and Development.
• Management and development of an HR Generalist
• Operate at all levels of the business, providing support on all aspects of the employee lifecycle including;
• Attracting Talent
• Employee Relations
• Learning & Development
• Foster a positive work environment and drive engagement that encourages all employees to maximize their potential and full use of diverse talents and abilities to realize business growth for the future. Act as an employee advocate.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• CIPD qualified (desirable but not essential)
• Proven HR business partnership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Ability to multi-task and to be flexible is essential.
• Extensive generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management, coaching, change management, talent management, attraction and retention.
• Must be able to manage a News client group with a high level of empathy.
• A passion for developing and delivering wellness initiatives.
• Strong understanding of local employment law and know where to access expert advice for any relevant countries.
• Collaborative and a team player across the business and global HR teams.
• Proven experience and knowledge of Global Mobility and immigration procedures.
• Display a high attention to detail and a methodical approach. Ability to prioritise workload, excellent organisation and time management skills.
• Ablity to be discreet and professional when handling sensitive and confidential information.
• Have an adaptable, collaborative and open style with demonstrable ability to navigate through a complex matrix organisation spread across numerous International territories.
• Possess a solution orientated mind set who has the ability to deliver on potentially complex matters in a timely and efficient way.
• Have excellent stakeholder management ensuring all parties are kept up to date and clear on progress.
• Excellent executive written and verbal communication.
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• A passion for News and Media content and experience working within a live production environment would be advantageous.
• Proven ability to manage and develop talent.
• Possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence and can be flexible to adapt easily.
• Quick learner and problem solver who thinks outside the box to find solutions with a track record of successful results delivery.
• Wants to work in a fun, passionate, high energy, fast paced environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvoen7-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.