Producer, Weekend Today & Special Events
New York, NY
The Senior Broadcast Producer for Special Events will report directly into the Executive Producer and help oversee the planning and execution of live breaking news special reports. The role offers an opportunity to be a part of the biggest moments in breaking news on one of the largest platforms available.
The Senior Broadcast Producer will oversee all elements of breaking news coverage, from the planning stages through the control room. This person will work in tandem with the Executive Producer in planning special reports and implementing them coverage through broadcast. Planning these special reports includes, but is not limited to, working with the assignment desk, correspondents, and the Specials team to identify possible breaking news.
The Senior Broadcast Producer should be fully capable of running a control room, working with anchors, and managing staff. This person will help coordinate with correspondents in the field, manage producers pulling elements, and keep track of fast-moving editorial developments for the EP and the Anchor. In addition, this person will often have to oversee special reports themselves.
The Senior Broadcast Producer needs to be proactive, moving quickly to galvanize resources across all of NBC News and get staff into position. Being detail oriented will also be paramount – in this fast-moving environment, success often comes from pre-planning and organization.
- Oversee and manage production teams including producers, associate producers, and correspondents from planning/strategy through execution in the control room
- Organize and oversee strategy sessions to identify possible breaking news
- Coordinate ongoing news coverage both in studio and in the field
- Lead special reports
- Must have at least seven years of editorial experience -
working in production – broadcast network or cable
- Must have control room experience
- Editorial depth of knowledge for both domestic and
- Must have a Bachelor's degree
- Must have strong journalistic writing skills, research
skills, and editorial judgment
- Demonstrated strong knowledge in News and current
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under ---
tight deadline pressure
- Must be willing to work in NYC
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional editorial skills and judgment
- Familiarity with social media and emerging digital platforms