NBC News NOW is expanding its evening programming and seeking segment producers who thrive in a breaking news, fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
We're looking for segment producers with experience working in LIVE news programming who can produce stories that are visually compelling/impactful and can work well with a team to make it happen.
This position is represented by the News Guild-CWA.
• Research, write and produce strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy
• Produce LIVE segments, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
• Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
• Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
• Quality check all video content
• Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
• You've been working in broadcast, streaming or cable
news for 5+ years – preferably working on live daily
shows or in and around a control room
• Excellent writing skills
• You've got thorough knowledge of current events
• Excellent editorial judgment
• You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where
news is breaking, rundowns are changing and deadlines
• You thrive in a team environment where collaboration is
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• You've got big ideas and the journalistic writing and
research skills to bring them to life
• You're familiar with iNEWS
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time
to air is short NBC News NOW is expanding its evening
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvyb5m-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.