As a White House Unit Researcher, you will work directly with the NBC News team covering the President. Coordinating on a daily basis with the White House Director, Correspondents, Coordinating Producer, and Producers, the White House Researcher will spend time logging daily events and briefings, compiling research packets, ordering supplies for the White House booth, and supporting the daily workflow of the team. This opportunity is a one year Staff with End role.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate the gathering and feeding of news materials relating to the President
- Log Presidential events, White House Briefings, and other administration-related events and background calls during their shifts.
- Assist in breaking news & on-going story coverage through internet research and phone calls
- Utilize a variety of logging platforms, such as Otter and Snapstream
- Manage record keeping systems of the team to organize and collect information regarding the President's relevant activities
- Fill in for producers, where needed
- Monitor twitter, competitive broadcasts, cable and digital platforms
- Other responsibilities may change depending on breaking news and scheduling
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or a related field
- Minimum one-year professional network news
experience, either with a program, bureau or assignment
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to manage
multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to travel and occasional weekend work, required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, as
researchers consistently work against deadlines, and
often in breaking news situations
- Strong news judgment & work ethic
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28wv5-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.