Coordinating Producer, Weekend Today
New York, NY
As a researcher, you will work directly with Associate Producer, Producers and Senior Producers to help write and assist in the production of original content for Nightly News.
• Assist in producing original news content, primarily for broadcast, including, but not limited to, research, conducting interviews, writer and editing scripts, field producing and shooting, and overseeing editing
• Researcher is expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team
• Researcher is expected to work with Senior Producers and Director in managing all aspects of the rundown, including timing, graphic and tape elements.
• Researcher is expected to help fill in for PAs where needed
• Researcher is expected to contribute to Nightlynews.com
• Researcher will also be editing short video clips to air on the broadcast, and coordinating graphic requests between the producers and the artists.
• Must have at least two years editorial experience working in production at the network level
• Must have a Bachelor's degree
• Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• DV shooting experience
• Experience in non-linear editing
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices