• Gather editorial content and provide targeted research on deadline to correspondent Tom Costello and team using multiple sources of information including the internet, social media, and phone calls.
• Cover breaking news by researching facts on sources and generating new angles to pursue
• Create fact sheets, timelines, and subject research ''one sheets'' for topics including medical, science, aviation, transportation, space and others.
• Find and book experts, characters and other important elements for stories that run across all platforms.
• Fact check scripts for Nightly News and Today Show.
• Log and verbate interviews and other content for stories
• Work closely with the Desk to coordinate coverage for stories on Costello beat
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism,
or related fields
• At least 2 years experience at a news organization
• Must be willing to work in Washington D.C.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be available to work weekends, evenings and
holidays as required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, LexisNexis, Avid
Media Central Is helpful
• Understanding of news operations and reporting
• Ability to multi-task and meet constant tight deadlines
• Sound judgment
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated expertise in social media and internet
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player
• Strong interest in news/current events and a desire to
work in a creative, demanding and competitive