This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
NBC News Now seeks a highly organized staffer to assist with coordinating all aspects of production and operations for a rapidly growing division of NBC News.
The core of this role is production data tracking - people, technology, and video Successful candidates, however, must love working with people as this role will require regular effective communication with members of the News Now team, and key stakeholders from various parts of NBC.
This job will require complex and rigorous organization. If you have strong feelings about when to use a bullets vs a numbered list, are the go-to for planning trips with friends, and aren't afraid of owning a big spreadsheet… apply below.
The bulk of the job…
• Work with Sr Producer to ensure the seamless operation and expansion of NBC News Now
• Maintain division's master production tracker, coordinating with key stakeholders in News Now and around NBC News
• Assist scheduling multiple teams, tracking assignments and PTO
• Assist tracking changes to programming due to specials, series, and other planned productions. Communicate these changes to key stakeholders.
• Assist managing shared production resources like avid seats
• Assist with booking travel and reconciling expenses for members of the News Now team, as needed.
• Assist with onboarding new team members
• Over time…
• Take an ownership role in our archival process
• Take more active role is schedule management
• Take a more active role in Master Control operations
• 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrated and proved ability to be highly organized
around complex events.
• Prior internship experience in news or live production
• Willingness to work in New York, NY
• If on group trips you're the friend who books the AirBNB,
figures out Splitwise, and remembers to get groceries
we're looking for you.
• Likes working with many teams. You're comfortable
walking into any room to share information or ask for
• Strong written communicator.
• Some knowledge of digital video files a plus
• Desire to work in and around the news a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvoe0n-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.