As a Producer for the TODAY Show, you will be responsible for pitching, developing, writing, producing and turning news of day and feature pieces for broadcast.
• Produce original news content, primarily for broadcast, including research, conducting interviews, writing and editing scripts, field producing and shooting, and overseeing editing.
• Book interviews and conduct pre-interviews with show guests.
• Producer is expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team.
• Work with Standards & Legal Team to ensure Editorial Standards of all segments.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years' editorial experience working in production at the network level, preferably with morning television.
• Ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to shoot and edit pieces.
• High proficiency in Outlook and iNews is a must.
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in NYC.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Strong interpersonal skills and storytelling ability.
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkpy7-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.