We are launching a new prime time show with Tom Llamas on NBC News Now and need a creative, passionate team of journalists to make the magic happen every night.
Get in touch if you're an amazing producer/editor, that wants to tell the incredible stories happening around the country.
But hurry. We've got a lot to do.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
The bulk of the job:
• Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for pieces and guest ideas
• Shoot, script & edit original videos
• Work closely with correspondents to develop and execute strong visual stories with clear narratives and well-researched journalism
• Edit on AVID and Adobe Premiere, being able to find the best video and sound for assigned stories
• Order graphics through template-based graphics systems
• Find and book new and engaging guests for live and taped segments; conduct pre-interviews
• Comfortable shooting in the field on DSLR cameras, while also able to produce stories from home using remote interviews and video material on hand
• Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
• Quality check all video content
• Keep Senior Producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work
• You've been working in broadcast, digital or cable for 5+
years with experience independently operating in the
• You have a demonstrated and thorough knowledge of
current events, US politics, and pop culture
• You are willing to work in New York, New York and travel
You are strong in all the following ways:
• You're a journalist who is not afraid to pick up the phone
and conduct original reporting
• You've got big ideas and the journalistic writing and
research skills to bring them to life
• You are able to successfully complete work under tight
deadlines while working collaboratively
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and
time to air is short
• You have a distinct visual style combined with incredible
journalism and story-telling skills
• You can work collaboratively with on-air reporters.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqomm9-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.