We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC News Digital is looking for an experienced editor to join its platforms team, working weekday evenings. The editor will play a central role in the planning and execution of NBC News' coverage across its owned and social platforms, including curating the homepage and app, sending news alerts and distributing stories across social.
The editor will spend the first part of their shift curating and publishing the NBC News homepage and app before switching gears and planning the team's overnight and morning coverage. They'll need to coordinate with editors and think strategically about when to publish and promote stories across all platforms. This is a role that is best suited to an excellent communicator who is highly organized and enjoys collaborating in a creative but demanding environment.
The position is full time (4p-12a, Mon-Fri) and can be based in New York or Los Angeles. This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
• Curate and publish NBC News' owned and social platforms, including sending news alerts.
• Write and edit sharp, accurate and engaging copy, including headlines, alerts, and social and newsletter copy.
• Day-to-day planning for the platforms team, with a focus on our overnight and morning coverage across the homepage, app and flagship social accounts.
• Coordinate with editors across the organization, ensuring stories are promoted and distributed in all the right places.
• Monitor real-time analytics to inform story curation and distribution strategy
• Work with the photo team to illustrate stories on desktop and app
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and comparable work experience
• 5+ years' experience in a digital newsroom, preferably with experience publishing owned and social platforms
• A broad knowledge of current affairs, including politics, race, social justice, international affairs, pop culture and sports
• Must be comfortable working in a hybrid work environment
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $75,000 - $95,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkyezp-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.