Select is looking to hire a talented Personal Finance Reporter to focus specifically on evaluating and recommending financial products, with a focus on the best credit cards available today.
Select is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly commerce brand within the NBC News Group, devoted to providing our readers with rigorous reviews and personal finance advice so they can make informed decisions about the financial products they use every day.
The Personal Finance Reporter will be primarily responsible for analyzing and reviewing financial products – through research and reporting – to provide readers with advice on the best credit cards and other financial products on the market. Additionally, the Reporter will be asked to pitch and create engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, experience putting together lists, comfort with numbers and data as well as words, and a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
What you'll do:
• Brainstorm functional, data-driven models to determine which specific kind of credit card, or other product, could serve users best
• Research and assemble reliable, informative lists of recommendations
• Generate list ideas and follow through by reporting, writing and creating digital content
• Generate story ideas and following through by reporting, writing and creating digital content
• Help grow the Select brand and cultivating an engaged audience
• Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed
• Use social media to distribute and promote content
What you'll bring:
• At least 2 years of experience as a writer and/or reporter
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly
in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Familiarity with following and reporting on current events,
especially as they relate to personal finance, credit cards,
and other financial products
• Familiarity and comfort with social media
• Ability to convey to readers why, and how, high-level or
abstract stories could affect them
You'll stand out if:
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional
• You have experience at a large online content
destination, such as a major online news site or financial
• You're passionate about digital storytelling and creating
the best user experience online
• You possess ongoing knowledge of and interest in the
business world and financial news
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkww8-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.