Lead Broadcast Engineer
New York, NY
The NBC News Production Engineering team is seeking a knowledgeable individual to help troubleshoot and administer Avid editing installations which include Avid Media Composer, Interplay, ISIS/NEXIS and other ancillary systems. This department supports editing operations at multiple bureaus and is based out of Los Angeles. Other bureaus include Washington D.C., London, Chicago, Miami, and Charlotte. Initial expectation would be to help support day to day edit operations in Los Angeles, with the opportunity to grow toward helping with architecture and support for the other bureaus.
• Network and OS Security compliance and testing
• Maintain HP Z-Series workstations
• Support and Knowledge of Windows 10
• Maintain Macintosh Desktops and laptops
• Support and Knowledge of OSX
• Maintain Avid Software builds across multiple locations (MC, Interplay, Media Central, Nexis)
• Determine Patching requirements for Avid Software
• Basic Linux support (QNX, CentOS and Red Hat)
• Work in an On-Air production with daily deadlines
• Troubleshoot Hardware vs software issues
• Be willing to pull cable, terminate and move equipment as necessary.
• 3-5 years of experience supporting Avid Media Composer in a Post Production environment.
• This is a NABET represented position. Must be willing to join if not already a member.
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
• Avid Media Composer, Interplay, Media Central, Airspeeds and Nexis support, ACSR Preferred, experience in leu of certification is okay
• Practical knowledge with Networking, domains, group policies and AD structures.
• Strong troubleshooting skills for both software and hardware.
• Practical Knowledge of UDP acceleration protocols and troubleshooting.
• Practical experience of network and OS security
• Experience with vendors such as Root6, Telestream, and EVS
• Knowledge of Adobe Products (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere)
• Understand Networking, Routing and basic troubleshooting of a Network
• Understand Fiber Channel and LTO Archive Systems
• Understand Windows Server OS's 2008,2012, 2016