Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Field Operations Engineering department is charged with supporting NBC News and all its subsidiaries including MSNBC with remote broadcast capabilities to cover all major news events world-wide. Candidate for this position must be able to work alone or with a team under extreme conditions and deadlines and deal with a flexible work schedule including holidays, weekends and evenings and overtime. Candidate must be available for overnight and/or overseas travel to natural disasters or conflict ridden parts of the world, or otherwise hazardous locations
• Cable fabrication, rack preparation, and systems integration under Installation Supervisor's direction
• Interpret system drawings and understand signal flow
• Prepare all tools and materials prior to a project.
• Perform cable pulls between destinations through ceilings, floors, walls and conduit
• Mounting and properly supporting A/V, IT & Broadcast equipment including, but not limited to: switches, routers, broadcast equipment frames and cards, patch panels, displays, speakers, etc.
• Candidate must have 2+ years of applicable engineering experience.
• Candidate should possess an undergraduate degree in broadcast technology or electrical engineering or radio/TV/film or equivalent related experience.
• Candidate must have fundamental knowledge of a vast collection of broadcast equipment covering all disciplines.
• Candidate must be computer savvy, work with both Mac and PC, possess skills related to file based workflows, possess fundamental knowledge of IP routing with emphasis on Video and Voice over IP systems.
• Candidate should possess demonstrable knowledge in all aspects of television production.
• Candidate must be able to work under extreme conditions and deadlines and deal with a flexible work schedule including holidays, weekends and evenings and overtime.
• Candidate must be available for overnight and/or overseas travel to hazardous or conflict ridden parts of the world.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Long Island City, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid NY driver's license
• Must be able to work weekends, long hours, holidays and/or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines
• Successful candidate will be required to join the NABET Union if not already a member
• Must have a good work ethic and the ability to work within a team environment
• Must have the ability to read plans, room & equipment layout via CAD
• Must have the ability to understand line diagrams, rack elevations, cable run lists and room layouts
• A conceptual understanding of systems components, structured cabling, fiber optics and audio/video signal flow is preferred
• Must be comfortable with the use of power tools
• Soldering skills and experience is preferred
• Ability to understand quality performance with a strong attention to detail
• Time management and strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage stress and perform within realistic yet tight deadlines