The NBCUniversal News Group (NBC News, CNBC, MSNBC) is seeking a high-performing individual to drive strategy and business development for the world's leading portfolio of news brands. The S&BD group is a small, high-impact team within the NBCU News Group that partners with C-suite executives to tackle critical challenges and fuel long-term growth. We're looking for a collaborative thought leader with a keen understanding of industry trends who thrives in a fast-paced, analytical environment. This role will help guide our strategic business decisions, identify growth opportunities, and negotiate new partnerships and investments across our brands and platforms. You will collaborate with senior operational leaders throughout the News Group to lead or support projects from concept to results.
What you'll do:
• Research and synthesize market data to identify and evaluate new business / investment / partnership opportunities
• Perform financial and strategic analysis on competitors and markets
• Help set compelling strategies that drive consumer engagement and revenue
• Build detailed financial and operational models in support of organic growth and/or investments
• Create exec-level presentations that clearly and concisely communicate analysis and findings
• Support negotiations for new business partnerships or investments
What we'll offer:
At our 30 Rock office in New York City, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sneak Peek Screenings – Be the first to see the next big hit with sneak peek screenings of NBCUniversal movies and TV shows
• One-of-a-kind Events – Celebrate NBCU milestones like the Olympics, bring your parent to work with you or get a chair massage to celebrate National Relaxation Day - there's never a dull moment at NBCU.
• Onsite Medical Center – Access to urgent care, labs, behavioral health & vaccines. Plus, additional services for benefits participants including chiropractic/physical therapy, optometry, massages & primary care.
• Commuter Friendly – Save on subway fares, train tickets and parking expenses through our pre-tax savings options.
• Collaborative Workspaces – 30 Rock shares a relaxation space with building residents at the Zo Lounge, where employees have access to nap pods, event space and even a full-service café. The 11th floor outdoor gardens at 30 Rock also inspire outside-the-box thinking in the warmer months.
• Star Sightings – Our 30 Rock Headquarters is home to iconic shows like ''The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'' and ''Saturday Night Live.'' Which means you never know who you may run into!
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the media sector, preferably in strategy/business development, investment banking or management consulting
• Deep knowledge of the media business with a focus on television and/or digital media
• Superior research, analytical and financial modelling skills
• Excellent communication / presentation skills and experience working effectively with senior leadership
• Curious and fast learner, with a track record of taking on increasing levels of responsibility in a collaborative environment
• Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize with attention to detail
• Passion for the news business
• BA required, MBA a plus
• Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp04m9-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.