NBC News & MSNBC seek a Manager on their Standards & Practices team. The Manager will provide support and guidance to all platforms of NBC News & MSNBC with a particular focus on emerging digital platforms.
• Maintain the reputation, journalistic integrity and editorial independence of the news organization.
• Work with the senior level editorial team on reviewing reports for accuracy, fairness and adequate sourcing.
• Primary relationships will include digital and OTT channels.
• Help establish overall news division wide standards policies and guidelines.
• Provide advice to NBC News and MSNBC journalists (both on air and off) on news standards.
• Ensure that new and current employees are continually educated on NBC News & MSNBC's Standards & Practices policies – across all platforms.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Communications,
Journalism, English, History or a related field of study.
• 6+ years working experience within the news industry.
• Prior experience in long-form TV journalism, day of air
news, information cable production, and/or emerging
• Must have ability to communicate and collaborate well
• Familiarity with (or knowledge of) digital journalism and
social media standards and practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively and successfully with
all levels of talent and management.
• Ability to handle confidential material with utmost
• Should be open and able to adapt to new approaches to
content and storytelling.
• Must have solid news and editorial judgment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, N.Y. or work East Coast hours if remote.
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
• Must be an excellent team player.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work
effectively while meeting deadlines.
• Proven ability to remain calm in high pressure
• Must have ability to multi-task.
• Prior experience in network television management.
• Self-starter; able to work independently and proactively.
• Strong writing and editorial skills
• Must be open to learning and using new technology.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y3xy-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.