The NBC News Production Engineering department is responsible for systems and processes supporting global news gathering operations. With central operations located in New York, NY; the team's focus is on building, supporting, and maintaining broadcast equipment and software ranging from ingest, editing, transcoding, archives, and playout to air for News, Entertainment, Sports and Special Events.
• Work on system integration and development for the group, helping build and expand our technical and team practices.
• Plan, Build, test, review and deliver software solutions for our various new production systems.
• Work with other engineering departments to collaboratively develop across the systems.
• Collaborate on the design of data models, data flows, schemas and API contracts within the group and across the News bureaus.
• Knowledge of Media Asset Management systems, Newsroom systems, Avid Interplay is beneficial.
• Extend and enhance existing systems and workflows to meet the ongoing demands from the business.
• A Bachelor's degree (or higher-level degree) in computer science or a related field and/or a history of relevant work experience.
• 3+ years of experience in Python Full Stack development and integration with various modern applications with development practices.
• Experience with creating, querying, and maintaining databases with many DBMS such as MySQL, Cassandra, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
• Experience in Celery/RabbitMQ/Kubernetes.
• Experience in both Windows and UNIX//Linux platforms including programming and debugging skills in NIX Shell Scripting.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• 3+ Years of experience in handling Media Asset Management systems. Knowing Avid Interplay MAM, Media Central is a plus.
• 3+ Years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Strong testing and debugging skills.
• Strong Operational familiarity with broadcast production, workflows or video productions systems is helpful. Experience with back-end engineering, including knowledge on architectural practices, valuating and implementing new technologies.
• Experience in compile, package and deploy. Knowing Salt Stack, Jenkins, Docker, ANT and Maven will be a plus.
• Experience in Cloud based services. Knowing Cloudian, BlackPearl and Amazon will be a plus.
• Experience with server/client Virtualization protocols.
• Strong desire to learn and cross-train in new technologies and passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative manner.
• Excellent communication skills, with a cool levelheaded approach.
• Able to clearly & succinctly communicate actions and/or next steps.
• Highly customer focused and very responsive (listens, understands and acts).
• Willing to adapt to new technologies as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxoj11-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.