- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
The Field Operations Engineering department is charged with supporting NBC News and all its subsidiaries and digital properties, including MSNBC and NBC News Now, with remote broadcast capabilities to cover all major news events worldwide. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to work with a team or alone under extreme conditions and deadlines and deal with a flexible work schedule including holidays, weekends, evenings, and overtime. Candidate must be available for overnight and/or overseas travel (with a valid and active passport) to natural disasters or conflict-ridden parts of the world, or otherwise hazardous locations as news warrants.
• Plan and execute all technical management and support for NBC News remotes worldwide, including equipment procurement, complete logistical support, and personnel booking/scheduling consistent with budgetary guidelines.
• Advise management and team on new technology/industry trends, remote systems design, and software with an eye on the constant improvement of our operations.
• Must be willing to perform the above duties overseas in under-developed countries and/or areas of military conflict. Must be willing to travel on short notice for extended periods.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including immediate response to breaking news.
- Valid US Driver's License and passport with no limitation on international travel required.
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a technical manager or as an operations manager working in production at a Top-50 local news market or national news network required.
- Basic knowledge of IT systems, TCP/IP protocols, digital satellite uplink systems, AVID editing systems, streaming technologies, and VoIP applications.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience in managing employees represented by a labor union preferred.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in Long Island City, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Extensive documented success in the planning and supervision of large-scale television remote productions.
- Experience in planning/design/implementation of digital video/audio transmission systems.
- Basic knowledge of financial planning principles including cost/benefit analysis, payback period computations, and budgeting.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkyz1-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.