WNBC News 4 NY is searching for a strong general assignment reporter who can break stories, consistently produce enterprise content for digital and broadcast and has a strong live reporting presence.
Duties include generating story ideas, researching, setting up, interviewing and producing the content in the field. They will write and voice the story. They must be able to report live as scheduled
on multiple newscasts and all digital platforms.
We're looking for applicants who bring ideas every day and work effectively across all platforms.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a television reporter, large market preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism/Communications or related major
• Flexible scheduling required.
• Tri-state area knowledge preferred.
• Must be a team player and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• This position is an AFTRA Represented job. Successful candidate will be required to join the AFTRA Union upon employment if not already a member.
• Willing to work in NYC.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be available to evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Extensive familiarity with the NYC area
• Ability to investigate information to establish facts and determine truth
• Excellent news judgment
• Experience working with desktop computers and exposure to laptop editing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build relationships and sources.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and act as a team player.
• Experience utilizing social media as a newsgathering/reporting tools.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8eee-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.