WNBC News 4 NY is searching for a strong general assignment reporter who can break stories, consistently produce enterprise content for digital and broadcast and has a strong live reporting presence.
Duties include generating story ideas, researching, setting up, interviewing and producing the content in the field. They will write and voice the story. They must be able to report live as scheduled on multiple newscasts and all digital platforms.
We're looking for applicants who bring ideas every day and work effectively across all platforms.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a television reporter, large market preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism/Communications or related major
• This position is an AFTRA Represented job. Successful candidate will be required to join the AFTRA Union upon employment if not already a member.
• Willing to work in NYC.
• Willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be available to evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must be assertive, a strong writer, an exceptional storyteller and live performer.
• Effective self-starter with proven ability to generate and produce news stories.
• Strong enterprising and investigative skills.
• Strong on-camera presence for taped and live reports.
• Must be a team player.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Willing to work all shifts.
• Knowledge of non-linear editing and shooting preferred.
• Extensive familiarity with the NYC area
• Flexible scheduling required.
• Must be a team player and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to investigate information to establish facts and determine truth
• Excellent news judgment
• Experience working with desktop computers and exposure to laptop editing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build relationships and sources
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and act as a team player.
• Experience utilizing social media as a newsgathering/reporting tools.