Senior Producer, Podcasts
New York, NY
More Americans watch NBC News and MSNBC than any news organization in the world. NBC News' award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC – all of which closed out 2019 at #1 in the key news demo for the fourth straight year. Additionally, NBC News produces Third Hour of TODAY, TODAY with Hoda and Jenna and Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist, as well as primetime specials and breaking news reports. MSNBC is the premier cable destination for breaking and live news coverage, in-depth analysis, and influential voices – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group, including its streaming news service NBC News NOW, along with the SiriusXM TODAY Show, original podcasts and showcasts and MSNBC radio channels and NBC News Radio on the iHeartMedia 24/7 News Network, provides continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it.
With more than half a billion listens a year, NBCUniversal News Group consisting of such brands as NBC News, MSNBC, Today is a Top 10 podcast publisher as measured by Podtrac and the home for leading original series like Bag Man, The Thing About Pam, Motive for Murder, Into America, Why Is This Happening? With Chris Hayes, and The Oath with Chuck Rosenberg, as well as audio editions of fan favorites like Dateline, The Rachel Maddow Show, NBC Nightly News and Today.
Executive Producer - Podcasts
NBCUniversal News Group is looking for an experienced podcast executive producer to lead development and production of podcast offerings. Responsible for shaping and transforming our wealth of journalism, original storytelling, and unique perspectives into listen-first experiences for a variety of news consumers and interest groups.
• Identify and pitch podcast opportunities
• Produce daily content for new original audio offerings, both news of day and/or serialized storytelling
• Work with anchors, correspondents and producers to develop and create compelling content
• Manage editorial partnership relationships with key distributors
• Lead audio productions, including budgets, staffing and creative
• Train editorial producers and production staff on best-in-class audio practices
• Set KPIs for audience growth to continually evaluate performance against targets
• Partner with cross-network teams on marketing, sales, and communication strategies
• 8+ years' experience in audio storytelling with 3+ leading production on a successful podcast or news radio program
• Track record of conceiving and launching new shows
• Must be proactive, a doer with excellent writing skills and creative ideas on how to make compelling content
• Strong journalistic judgment
• Experience in a fast-paced newsroom, with an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; maturity and confidence in dealing with talent, upper management, and business partners.
• Ability to manage the details of multiple daily productions
• Strong team leadership and cross-departmental collaborative skills
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
• Experience fostering a culture of experimentation, but also knowing when to shift course
• Experience developing new host and producer talent
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Familiarity with the NBC News and MSNBC family of talent and reporters