New York, NY
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide administrative support to the Executive Producer, TODAY 10AM Hour at NBC News. He or she will serve as the office liaison, communicating with internal NBCU divisions and with external businesses.
• General administrative duties including meeting planning, travel planning expense reports, scheduling, phone/mail, supplies, filing and other business matters.
• Schedule and arrange meetings and conference calls with internal and external parties at a fast and constantly changing pace.
• Handle heavy telephone contact with all levels of internal and external executive management and employees
• Screen telephone calls, visitors and letters. Answer routine questions and furnish information.
• Utilize judgment in handling inquiries from vendors, candidates, employees, and resolve concerns/issues as necessary.
• Handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Plan staff and other team events including staff meetings, senior team meetings and off-sites when necessary. This includes managing all aspects including vendor selection, catering, audiovisual, and other logistics.
• Handle catering for post tapes and special events
• Assist researchers when needed.
• Bachelor's degree and at least one year of news
production and/or administrative experience.
• Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
Suite and social media.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with
the ability to deal with all levels of management.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Flexible, organized, self-starter, and extremely detail-
oriented – able to seek out answers and resources on
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to
prioritize and juggle numerous projects and deadlines in
an extremely fast-paced and high-volume environment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York City.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, under tight
deadline pressure, including breaking news. The ability
to work overtime, as needed.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable handling confidential and sensitive
• Proactive thinker with understanding of how to apply
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently
and on a team.
• Awareness of NBC News programs, on-air
correspondents, policies, guidelines and practices.
• Knowledge of iNews, AVID Interplay and editing
• Passion for lifestyle stories