The News Digital Art & Photo team is looking to hire an Editorial Designer to creatively lead and conceptualize the look and feel of the TODAY.com site and corresponding platforms.
• Creating photo-heavy article illustrations with Photoshop and Illustrator to lead stories on today.com and our social platforms
• Selecting and editing news and stock images for inclusion in stories published on today.com and our social platforms
• Designing and producing visual interactive stories for today.com by utilizing best UX principles and consistent art direction
• Developing and designing suites of social graphic templates and designing specialized, one-off social graphics for breaking and developing news stories for use on TODAY's social platforms
• Designing newsletter graphics for TODAY
• Designing banners, logos, and bugs for misc TODAY.com projects
• Managing multiple high-priority projects and deadlines simultaneously
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
• 4+ of experience working in editorial design or
comparable design industry.
• Portfolio that demonstrates an eye for and experience in
storytelling, photography, concept, composition, color
• High-level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator,
inDesign and Figma.
• Familiarity with design systems and designing for a multi-
platform brand at scale.
• Able to work easily between multiple content and CMS
types to publish work on fast-paced deadlines.
• Appreciation for TODAY's broad range of topics and
personalities – hard news, entertainment, lifestyle,
celebrities, newsmakers and ordinary individuals - with a
good grasp of topics and stories of high interest to
women and young families – is necessary
• Proven news judgment, high ethical standards and
strong interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines while
managing multiple projects. Must be self-motivated while
maintaining a collaborative team orientation
• Strong candidates with equivalent experience and
education may be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox18p-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.