Marketing Specialist, Trade Marketing
New York, NY
The Distribution and Audience Development Director uncovers insights into the performance of our branded content across four owned sites (today.com, cnbc.com, msnbc.com, and NBC News) and all third-party distribution platforms, driving audience growth and engagement. Reporting to the VP of Branded Content, the Distribution and Audience Development Director leads the evolution of our branded products by reviewing historical performance, uncovering trends and suggesting ways to optimize our offerings by continually testing and evaluating new platforms and tactics. A dynamic, passionate, and analytically-minded individual, the Distribution and Audience Development Director will have an explicit understanding of the branded content industry and the ability to translate data and insight into creative solutions. This candidate will be well versed in the digital media landscape, aware of new and emerging trends in video and social, and able to adapt quickly to the ever-changing media environment.
• Analyze and report on the performance of branded content across multiple destinations, forming actionable insights that helps our content (articles, video, infographics, social-first, etc.) continue to generate traffic and engagement throughout its flight.
• Manage internal and industry benchmarks to contextualize content performance and highlight success stories to account leads and clients
• Design and implement trend reports that track client KPIs with actionable insights
• Work with internal and third-party data sources to process data for account leads and sales teams
• Work with AdOps for all tracking and delivery issues and function as subject matter expert for content tracking
• Work alongside account leads and brand stakeholders to respond to client RFP's with data-driven insights that support content pitches and help build a roadmap for future opportunities
• Create a productive feedback loop with the Brand Studio and marketing teams to create an institutional understanding of audience behavior and influence future decision making with data-driven recommendations
• Partner closely with NBC News audience development teams to share best practices and align on shared distribution goals
• Work with video producers (both in team meetings and on a 1:1 basis) to share creative best-practices for audience engagement across platforms
• Research and recommend new data products that provide our team with previously untapped opportunities for clients
• UX analysis of branded content integration into NBC owned and operated channels
• Work with site teams to test and optimize brand content placements, positions, styling, etc.
• Eight to ten (8-10) years of agency or client-side digital media experience, specifically in social media, publishing, or display
• Strong Excel skills and the ability to manage and analyze large sets of data
• Experience working with publisher-side web-tracking technology (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Pressboard, Simplereach etc.)
• Experience with Audience Insights tools such as ComScore, Quantcast etc.
• Deep understanding of how social platforms work, and experience using social media insights platforms such as Facebook Insights / Ads Manager
• Experience with Google Ads Manager
• Experience working with native ad tech solutions (Sharethrough, Taboola, Polar, Outbrain, etc.)
• Passion for understanding technology and emerging platforms, such as TikTok
• Proficiency in relational databases including SQL is a plus but not required
• Experience in ecommerce or shoppable content.
• Experience with interactive content and using tools like Wirewax
• Experience with A/B testing (Optimizely)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• An obsession with media and technology
• A passion for solving analytical problems and developing innovative solutions that ensure campaign success
• Highly organized and an efficient time manager
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment