NBC News Group is looking for an experienced TV Director to join our team in creating content for Broadcast, Cable, and digital platforms. Interested candidates should be strong leaders possessing good instincts, who thrive under the intense pressures of a live control room. Qualified candidates must also be excellent communicators, adept at collaborating with both the editorial and technical teams to conceptualize a vision and execute a comprehensive show rundown. A thorough knowledge of current events and basic understanding of US politics is a must. Familiarity with I-News and a strong technical background are both a plus.
• Work with producers and control room crew to execute compelling, high-quality live programming
• Responsible for collaborating with editorial teams to identify, create and implement graphic elements to enhance the editorial narrative
• Lead the technical team in the creative implementation of various studio elements
• Work with all team members to assure broadcasts consistently meet high ethical, technical and aesthetic standards
• Direct and function as a team leader on ancillary projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience directing live news broadcasts
• Experience working with state-of-the-art broadcast technology
• Must provide resume reel with director track – when requested
• Must be willing to work in the Tri State Area
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33x39-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.