Researcher, Nightly News
New York, NY
• Supervise check in/out of News Digital inventory including camera, lighting and audio production equipment by Digital video producers
• Become an expert with our in-house checkout/inventory system and assist producers with reservations and field production planning and safety
• Become our in-house expert on camera menus and setups
• Help identify emerging video production trends, improve operations and workflows
• Prepare camera kits and ensure readiness
• Schedule and perform basic maintenance of equipment, diagnose and troubleshoot issues with equipment. Track and perform firmware updates. Identify equipment needing repair
• Assist with studio scheduling, organization and help with setup when needed
• Assist in remote workflow development, photographer training of new equipment and other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree, preferred
• 4 - 6 years technical video production experience
• Deep knowledge of Sony, Canon, Panasonic cine and
stills cameras and operations.
• Highly experienced with lighting, grip and audio
equipment and field use
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to work overtime, weekends or on
holidays as needed
• Must have valid U.S. Driver's License
• On-set experience as a Camera Assistant or a prep tech
at a camera rental house
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with digital
cameras such as Sony Fs5, Sony FS7, Canon C100,
Canon C300 5D/7D.
• Strong multitasking skills and ability to work well under
• Self starter and a pro-active problem solver.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently when necessary.
• Proficiency with: Adobe Premiere , Microsoft Office,