News Producer, Writer
Los Angeles, CA
Desk Editor, LA Bureau
• Efficient & proficient coordination & news gathering skills at the NBC NEWS LA Bureau assignment desk.
• Research, implement & execute coverage of on-going stories and breaking news.
• Collaborate with bureau producers & Snr producers in setting up & organizing story elements for all NBC News platforms.
• Communication, communication, communication. Initiate & maintain consistent & thorough communication with regional affiliates & News Channel counterparts.
• Monitor social media.
• Flag breaking news & feature stories.
• Pitch story ideas to all NBC NEWS platforms.
• Establish, organize & maintain critical working story & contact files.
• Monitor competitive broadcast & cable entities and social media.
• Ability to jump in & quickly gauge what is needed for the coverage of a breaking story. Understanding the urgency of launching teams & having them in place as soon as possible.
• Must have a bachelor's degree
• 3-4 years assignment desk experience required
• Strong news judgment, research & communication skills are essential
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
• Solid working knowledge of transmission, ingest & editing
• Solid understanding of newsroom computers & files
• Working knowledge of technical aspects to TV production in the field including: microwave & satellite trucks, live-u, Latakoo
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Digital & social media savvy
• Fluent in Spanish
• Willingness to travel & work overtime, & on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in CA
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Demonstrates strong knowledge & interest in news & current events
• Strong research skills & editorial judgment
• Fluency in digital & social media
• Ability to multi-task & prioritize assignments
• Strong interpersonal skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g330pq-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.