NBC News Digital is not just growing, it is transforming.
Innovation has always been one of the pillars lifting NBC into the ranks of elite journalism. From politics to pop culture, disinformation to data graphics, investigative to lifestyle, we have applied that spirit of constant renewal, reinvention and creativity to our news coverage. As we look to the future of journalism, NBC News Digital continues its streak in ambitiously growing and building its streaming and digital properties -- this time with a significant investment of nearly 200 jobs. We are looking for brilliant, enthusiastic, first-rate journalists who want to join us for the ride and are prepared to innovate and make an impact on the future of storytelling.
NBC News Digital is seeking a hybrid reporter/editor to help manage the tech section's growing team of reporters.
As a deputy tech editor, you'll be relied on to help with the day-to-day work that keeps the tech section humming while also working alongside reporters to help them develop their stories. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to change gears quickly and tackle everything from a breaking news edit to coordinating across teams on special projects.
This job is based in New York City, and will involve collaboration across many teams at NBC News.
• Assist with editing stories and coordinating with the NBC News digital platforms and social teams
• Report original stories and assist other journalists with reporting
• Three or more years of experience in reporting and editing,
preferably two years in internet culture journalism
• Must be excited to join an iconic news organization,
collaborate across teams and own its space
• Knowledge of internet culture, companies, personalities and
• A self-starter who is hungry to break news, eager to jump
on the day's biggest talkers, able to pitch and report
stories that are original, sharp and distinct
• Motivated to find new angles and fresh ways to tell
• The ideal applicant will also have a track record of
• Driven to grow and learn more
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g419j7-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.