We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC News Digital is hiring an experienced editor to work with our enterprise reporters on investigative projects, ambitious accountability stories and features that capture national attention.
This editor should have a proven record of success in conceiving, producing and editing well-written, high-impact work on a variety of topics. The editor should have demonstrated experience in coordinating all aspects of digital projects, including multimedia elements, data visualizations and cross-platform promotion.
The editor will work with our Assistant Managing Editor for Enterprise and Senior Enterprise Editor to manage a team of reporters based across the United States producing groundbreaking original stories on the most significant newsmakers and news events of the day. Topics may include racial and economic inequality, policing, technology and misinformation, health care, climate change, the military, and government and business accountability.
This role may be based in one of our bureaus in New York, Los Angeles or Washington, DC, or it may be based remotely elsewhere in the United States.
• Work with the Assistant Managing Editor for Enterprise to develop rigorously reported, compelling stories that are creatively told across all digital platforms and lead a team of reporters producing these stories.
• Edit several enterprise articles and features each week, along with a series of major projects every year. Some of this work will involve a rapid response to breaking news.
• Manage reporters on the enterprise team, working with them to produce journalism that sets us apart. This work includes guiding the reporters in developing sources and ideas, coaching them on reporting and writing, and editing their stories.
• Work with a range of journalistic talent from both digital and TV, including digital staff members who want to elevate their game into long-form work, television reporters and producers, and freelancers.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant working experience.
• At least 7 years of experience at major newspapers, websites or magazines, including at least 3 years of reporting and editing enterprise work.
• A track record of breaking big news stories that received national attention or award recognition and spurred change.
• Deep familiarity with document and data-based reporting, news-driven and business investigations, accountability journalism or narrative storytelling.
• Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively across a large news organization.
• A proven ability to partner with video, data, graphics and social teams to deliver engaging digital stories.
This position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $115,000 - $150,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv8wzj-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.