Managing Editor, Weekends
• Co-author NBC's First Read daily newsletter each morning and contribute frequently to the Meet the Press blog as both a writer and an editor.
• Field political research and reporting requests from every corner of the NBC family, including TODAY, Nightly, MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo, with a primary focus on the Meet the Press franchise.
• Develop sources and cover all aspects of campaigns and elections, including campaign finance and political advertising.
• Assist with the planning and publication of NBC's national and state polling.
• Lead fact-checking and research teams for major events, including debates and election nights.
• Act as a lead author of network-wide briefing books for major political events.
• Appear on live TV broadcasts and podcasts as a member of the NBC News political unit.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Must have strong writing, editing and analytical skills
• Must have an eye for telling stories through polling and data
• Self-starting team player who loves politics
• Approaches political stories with an open mind and an analytical eye
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to multi-task
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2ne9y-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.