Reports to Sr. Director, Crew Desk Operations
News Field & Production Services
• Assist in managing the NBC News National crew desk by locating the most experienced staff and freelance crews to shoot breaking news and highly stylized interviews
• Schedule staff & Daily Hire crews for Network & Cable broadcasts, breaking news & weekly primetime shows in the most efficient manner possible, while ensuring client needs are met
• Ability to manage Client needs 24/7... if needed. Efficient assigning of staff crews across 5,000 monthly tours and fast-tracking deployments during major breaking news events.
• Handle large volume of crew requests in a timely manner, sharing field crews across shows to the highest level of efficiency, as well as, simplifying the intense logistics during breaking news events.
• Coordinate with NBC News Bureaus both domestically and internationally to assure that all crews are assigned and scheduled accordingly.
• Work closely with DC Editorial desk to ensure that all assignments are covered; including scheduling crew assignments which will include White House Press, White House Lawn, Capitol, Pentagon, State Department, Supreme Court, and various other Government locales in addition to coverage, Overseas Pool and ad hoc Overseas coverage as requested
• Day to Day administration and payroll responsibilities, make all necessary payroll deadlines, ensuring that staff and daily hires are paid using the STORM system. Make all necessary liquidation deadlines ensuring billing is processed
• Maintain vacation, holidays and illness related schedule changes to ensure accurate assignment placements
• Maintain accurate budget records for individual remotes in STORM and communicate with producers on all costs to be incurred
• Maintain and adhere to the terms identified in the NABET contract as it relates to Field Scheduling and approving payroll
• Assist in the budget process with Producers to recommend best use of manpower including logistics and travel
• Scheduling of crews in response to Crew Requests
• All scheduling of crews in scheduled in STORM system
• 3+ years' experience with remote production activities
including manpower scheduling, logistics, facilities, travel
arrangements, budgeting, and other newsgathering
needs as necessary.
• 3+ years' experience in live news format, or related
• Previous experience with current in-house scheduling
application (STORM) used for scheduling and approvals
for payroll processing
• Knowledge of NBC NABET Master Agreement or
previous experience with collective bargaining
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Familiarity of INEWS, NBC Payroll (TimeKeeper) and
Scheduling (CREW REQUEST & STORM) applications
• Understanding of current equipment trends as applied to
News Field Coverage
• Self-motivated, goal and people oriented
• Deliver clear understandable instructions and the ability
to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment and
manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must exhibit sense of urgency with regard to client
• Performs other related duties and assignments as
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, effective
under aggressive timelines and high-pressure situations,
excellent communicator, and relationship builder.
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive
• Knowledge of geography
• The Desk is a staffed 24 hour desk with rotational schedules
• Customer service focus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy42oq-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.