Researcher, Nightly News
New York, NY
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NBC News is searching for a Coordinating Producer to join the Weekend TODAY show. The schedule for this position is Wednesday – Sunday.
• As a Coordinating Producer for the Weekend TODAY show, you will be responsible to produce original news content, primarily for broadcast, including research, conducting interviews, writing and editing scripts, field producing and shooting, and overseeing editing.
• Additionally, the Coordinating Producer is also expected to lead overnight operations prior to show days. Responsibilities include script approval, launching on breaking news stories, and oversight of overnight staff and continuing projects.
• Work closely with Weekend TODAY management, anchors, talent as well as standards & legal to ensure editorial standards of all segments.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in editorial and show production at the network level, preferably with morning television.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
- Must have strong writing skills, research skills and editorial judgment
- Must be willing to work in NYC
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and storytelling ability
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Familiarity with social media and emerging digital platforms
- Team player with a desire to mentor journalists
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments
- Exceptional editorial skills; ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television