Crime News and Features Editor
New York, NY
NBC News Digital is looking for a shopping editor to help expand its commerce content and shopping recommendations.
We're looking for an experienced commerce editor who wants to help NBC News readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You'll have a hand in developing and expanding the NBC News Shopping commerce content footprint. The editor will work with SEO teams to conceptualize, assign, write, edit and produce commerce articles based on daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal search trends, as well as other assignments as needed - including writing and editing non-SEO content. The editor will report to the editorial director of NBC News Shopping.
You will be expected to regularly populate editorial calendars and maintain workflows to meet both short-term and long-term goals. Professional experience writing and editing SEO-driven articles with a focus on service journalism is a must - experience with commerce content is not. On top of editorial responsibilities, you will participate in regular editorial meetings and cooperate with social teams and other stakeholders.
Our top priority is informing readers with fact-based and well-sourced shopping recommendations. The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through shopping articles that are data-driven, easy to understand and compelling. The ideal candidate will have edited articles to include relevant research and other trusted and expert sources to help the Shopping team deliver evidence-based shopping guidance and advice. In your editing, you will parse out what readers need to know - and what is just marketing jargon - so they can make responsible and smart shopping decisions.
• Pitch, write, edit and produce shopping content primarily for NBC News Shopping, as well as for NBC News verticals like BLK, Latino, Out and Asian America.
• Create content on a wide variety of SEO trends-sourced topics, from tech and home goods to wellness, apparel and skincare
• Oversee and finalize updates appropriate evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Build commerce posts in the CMS
- 3 years editorial experience, commerce experience a
- 2 years experience editing SEO content, commerce
experience a plus
- Work experience for a major news brand is a plus
- Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar and
- Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to manage many different tasks at once
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across
- Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including
Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus