Associate Producer, Dateline
New York, NY
As a Booking Producer, you will work as part of NBC News' News Booking Unit, responsible for bookings guests across all platforms of NBC's streaming news network, NBC News Now. The NOW Booking Producer will serve as primary contact for executive and senior News Now leadership across all shows and represent programming on network projects and initiatives. You will work to secure breaking news guests for News Now and set up the rest of the network's daily coverage. Aside from booking day to day guests across the streaming network, this role will serve as a big picture thinker, identifying unique opportunities for anchors and potential guests for exclusive content. This role will work with our other NOW bookers to ensure organization, communication, and encouragement across all individual shows. The position is a fast-paced job, with excellent news judgment, and an eagerness to find the most compelling guests to break news to our viewers every day.
• Will be working on short-term and long-term bookings across the multiple platforms of NBC News.
• Expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team.
• Will be working with the production team for all travel logistics for the guests as well as arranging pre-interviews with segments producers.
• Coordinating and giving direction to all bookers in the field, often times during breaking news.
• Responsible for compiling and sending out a daily booking note which details all booking efforts and secured guests.
• Organizing and supporting story ideas, pitches, communication between senior leadership and team.
• Liaising with Network bookings to ensure communication across network pursuits and NOW pursuits.
• Coordinate breaking news for network in high stress situations while managing expectations across the news division.
• Lead control room communication during live television broadcasts, special reports and special coverage.
• Constantly looking to discover new talent or interview opportunities and voices to build programming/segments.
• Knowledge of the news booking shifts to help support in an as needed basis.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience working in production or booking at the network, streaming, or cable level.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Established network of contacts and relationships within the news community.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and adapt to changes easily.
• Schedule will be Monday through Friday, dayside, with flexibility to work early and late.
• Must be willing to take submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to live and work in New York, NY
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must be a news junkie, familiar with broadcast news media landscape and well versed in historical and cultural moments.
• Detail oriented and organized. Able to manage many stories at once with success and strategy.
• A great attitude and ability to collaborate internally and externally are essential
• Conversational ability or fluency in other languages is a plus
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rev0x5-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.