The NBC News Washington, DC Bureau is offering a Scheduling Coordinator Assistant position. This position is intended for individuals with a strong interest in television journalism; specifically, network news and cable news. The position provides opportunities to learn the basics of technical production by observing and working with some of the best, most experienced news professionals at a major news organization. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, the ability to build strong professional relationships, a flexible schedule and the ability to work in a highly deadline-driven environment.
• Main duties and responsibilities are performing administrative, operational, and scheduling tasks for the NBC News Washington Bureau and the NBC News and MSNBC cable news programs it serves.
• Working directly with the Production Resource Manager and Storm Coordinator including assisting with STORM schedules.
• Keeping track of budget codes for special events.
• Working with NABET crew on schedule changes, additions, cancellations, etc.
• Maintain the studio booking calendar.
• Purchasing of expendables used in the Studios and Field using Purchase Manager.
• Back up the MTP Production manager with issues such as catering, travel, etc.
• Maintain office supplies for the Technical group.
• 1 year of experience in administrative or News or Media
• Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
• 24/7 availability: ability and willingness to work overtime,
nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint,
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Solid knowledge of current events and politics
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and
quickly changing objectives/priorities in a fast-paced
• Team player
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be able to consistently and effectively juggle
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with an
ability to communicate and work effectively with various
levels of employees within the organization
• Must be a self-starter and require minimal supervision
• Experience with the STORM application a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz17p1-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.