NBC News Digital is looking for an associate SEO reporter to help expand its commerce content and shopping recommendations on Select, the online shopping destination on NBC News.
We're looking for a detail-oriented associate reporter who wants to help NBC News readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You'll have a hand in pitching and expanding our commerce content footprint, reporting to the SEO editor at Select.
You will regularly interview industry experts for your stories and others in order to create fact-based and well-sourced shopping guidance. You will participate in editorial meetings and collaborate with fellow editorial staff, social teams, SEO teams and other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through shopping articles that are data-driven, easy to understand and compelling across topics, from tech and appliances to wellness, home, tech and kitchen. The ideal candidate will have reported and written articles to include relevant research and other trusted and expert sources. In your writing, you will parse out what readers need to know - and what is just marketing jargon - so they can make responsible and smart shopping decisions.
• Work on assignments at the direction of editors
• Pitch, report, write and produce shopping content for Select, often based on SEO research and guidance
• Translate relevant scientific research, complex news coverage and expert guidance into clear, concise and compelling content
• Interview experts for stories
• Ideate and help create content on a wide variety of topics
• Oversee and finalize updates to evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle and based on SEO best practices
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships, SEO recommendations and commerce opportunities
• Build commerce posts in the CMS
• Support reporters and editors with additional data collection and reporting as needed
• Contribute to multi-platform coverage when needed
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $65,000 - $75,000
• At least 1 year of writing and reporting experience at a large online content destination, such as a major news site
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• Passion for digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Demonstrable understanding of using primary sources and experts to inform fact-based, grounded consumer advice
• Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to manage many different tasks at once
• SEO knowledge
• Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmon32-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.