Weekend Associate Producer, NBC News Washington
The NBC News Washington Bureau is looking for a highly motivated Associate Producer with a passion for news on all platforms (broadcast, digital, and mobile). In this position you will work directly with weekend assignment managers, producers, senior producers, and correspondents to help pitch, write and produce news content for broadcast and the web.
• Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, pre-interviewing
• Digital journalism including shooting video and stills, and editing skills are required
• Write and produce segments, broadcast and online stories and produce live shots
• Gather visual elements and assist with editing for segment production
• Coordinate with technical and operations staff and outside resources selected by producers
• Produce and pitch story ideas and content to all platforms
• Produce and coordinate breaking news coverage
• Work in the field with crews, producers and correspondents covering planned events and breaking news.
• Must have at least two years editorial production
experience at a network, cable or digital outlet.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree.
• Must have developed digital journalism skills for laptop
editing, shooting, Latakoo, live-u.
• Must be social media savvy & proficient in finding,
attracting, licensing, and tracking user generated content
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled
shift with little or no notice if needed.
• Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
• The position is scheduled Wednesday-Sunday.
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• Strong news judgment & work ethic
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news
and current events
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Solid working knowledge of newsroom systems &
satellite operations is critical
• Interest in politics, political news and government
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p3ex-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.