NBC News is looking for a highly motivated Associate Producer with a passion for news on all platforms (broadcast, digital, and mobile). In this position you will work directly with producers, senior producers, and correspondents to help pitch, write and produce news content for broadcast and the web.
• Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, pre-interviewing
• Digital journalism including shooting video and stills, and editing skills are required
• Write and produce segments, broadcast and online stories and produce live shots
• Gather visual elements and assist with editing for segment production
• Coordinate with technical and operations staff and outside resources selected by producers
• Produce and pitch story ideas and content to all platforms
• Learn various desk roles & responsibilities for bureau and Network Operations
• Must have at least two years editorial production experience at a network, cable or digital outlet.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree.
• Must have developed digital journalism skills for laptop editing, shooting, latakoo, live-u.
• Must be social media savvy & proficient in finding, attracting, licensing, and tracking user generated content
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
• Must be willing to travel
• Strong news judgment & work ethic
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Solid working knowledge of newsroom systems & satellite operations is critical
• Bilingual abilities are a plus (Spanish, Portuguese, Creole or French)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9zkk-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.