We are launching a new prime time show with Tom Llamas on NBC News Now and need a creative, passionate team of journalists to make the magic happen every night.
Get in touch if you love to edit video, write, work with graphics and want to be part of a great team.
But hurry. We've got a lot to do.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
The bulk of the job:
• Editing video and graphic elements for the live show on a tight deadline
• Working in the show rundown (iNews) to build segments and writing intros to packages / other taped elements as needed
• Pitch relevant and compelling live segments and stories that will resonate with our audience
• Editing in Adobe Premiere and AVID
• Working with producers and correspondents to research and write scripts as needed
• Working closely with EP, producer, correspondents, and hosts
• Staying up on the news and jumping in as duty calls
• You've been working in digital video, broadcast or cable news for 2+ years
• You're comfortable editing digital video and you want to get even better at it
• You've got an interest and passion for journalism and up on the latest news across multiple subject areas
• You've got big ideas and want to develop the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
• You're able to work calmly under intense deadline to finish a project
• You thrive working in a collaborative team environment
• You pay attention to the details of everything you work on
• You have prior experience shooting in the field on DSLR cameras
• Comfortable producing stories using remote interviews and video material on hand
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d226m5-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.