NBC News is looking for a highly motivated, engaged Associate Producer with a passion for news who would work across all platforms as part of Coverage (broadcast, cable, streaming & digital). In this position you will work directly with producers, senior producers, correspondents & the assignment desk to help pitch, write & produce news content. This position is based in Los Angeles, with work throughout the West.
• Work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Assist with & contribute to all aspects of news production, across all platforms
• Contribute to story development & production, including research, booking, pre-interviewing, set up, involvement in shoots & edits
• Collaborate with colleagues within the LA Bureau & across platforms
• Digital journalism including shooting video and stills, and editing skills are required
• Write & produce segments, broadcast, cable, streaming & online stories
• Produce live shots
• Gather elements & assist with editing for segment production
• Fact checking scripts
• Coordinate with technical and operations staff & outside resources.
• Pitch story ideas & content to all platforms
• Work the assignment desk & fully understand Coverage & what the roles of the desk personal
• Must have at least two years editorial production experience at a network, cable or digital outlet, with experience in news story development & production
• Requesting reel/portfolio of broadcast & digital work
• Must be willing & able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to travel & work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have developed digital journalism skills for laptop editing, shooting, latakoo, live-u.
• Must be social media savvy & proficient in finding & licensing user generated content
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
• Must be willing to travel
• Must have Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Strong news judgment & work ethic
• Research & writing abilities
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news & current events
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Solid working knowledge of newsroom systems & satellite operations is critical
• Working knowledge or fluency in Spanish preferred
• Multitasking & organizational skills
• DJ shooting video & stills, & editing skills a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx0bo-54-210-223-150-42 in your application.