Weekend Editor, Digital
New York, NY
This position is staff with end date, which has a projected end date of March 1, 2021.
NBC News Digital is looking for an associate producer to help our team craft compelling digital video stories for NBCNews.com and our verticals.
You're a good candidate for this role if you're a news junkie, a budding video producer with the desire to help create high quality, journalistic, digital video. In this role, you will be responsible for working with our video producers to develop a mix of short-form videos across a variety of topics. The right candidate will be comfortable flexing across the newsroom – working with a team of producers, editors and reporters to help pitch, research, plan and produce ideas that will bring our journalism to life. This role is ideal for a highly organized, multi-tasker hungry to learn how to produce high quality video step by step. We need someone who can take direction, work with a variety of different personalities, keep several projects moving forward at the same time and eager to do all the basics from research to pre-interviews, from setting up logistics for shoots to selecting interview locations, from logging footage to editing selects or rough cuts.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your producer skills while working with an iconic media brand and exercise creativity as we continue to extend our footprint and voice into the digital space.
• Work closely with the NBCNews.com editorial team to execute video components for the content they're working on.
• Research, help develop stories, assist in setting up shoots, logging footage, editing selects and archiving material for team of video producers producing stories for NBCNews.com, TODAY, THINK and our diversity sections.
• Help producers refine story pitches, select best elements to shoot and find key interviews while helping experiment with new and create content and format types.
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 2 years professional experience shooting,
producing and editing video for digital platforms
• Proficient in AVID and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere,
Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Able to grab viewers and tell the full story in as little time
• Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital
• Some experience in field and studio production
• Some experience shooting with DSLR cameras
• Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
• Ability to execute under tight deadlines
• Willing to work in New York City