National Investigative Reporter
New York, NY
The NBC News Podcast Unit is looking for an Associate Producer to join our growing team. We are seeking a collaborative team player who is ready to support the unit and work across multiple podcasts and audio projects, including potential new projects for NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC and TODAY.
The Associate Producer will assist in all aspects of production and should come ready to share story ideas. This person will be expected to work closely with hosts, editors and other producers in gathering and selecting sound, and reviewing archival material, as well as limited script-writing and editing.
Some experience in journalism required; audio experience is preferred. Please include a cover letter and links to relevant work samples in your application.
• Contribute to the daily editorial discussion with insight and ideas
• Generate timely and well-researched pitches
• Conduct research and interview prep
• Assist with recordings in studio and in the field
• Locate, organize, and edit audio clips from news sources and the NBC archives
• Work closely with producers, senior producers, and editors to assist with episode outlines, interview questions, and occasional script-writing
• Edit tape of reporter and source interviews
• Identify and edit other relevant tape and archival material
• Be willing to receive and incorporate edits from senior producers, editors and host
• Listen to the work of other producers and provide feedback
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Two or more years of experience reporting or producing
• Understanding of journalistic ethics and best practices
• Willingness to work varied shifts as news changes
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under deadline
• Collaborative attitude and strong communication skills
• Technical experience in ProTools or equivalent