NBC News Digital is looking for an associate commerce editor to help expand its shoppable content and recommendations on Select, the online shopping destination on NBC News.
We're looking for an associate commerce editor who wants to help NBC News readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You'll have a hand in developing and expanding our commerce content footprint. The person in this role will conceptualize, write, edit and produce commerce articles based on data-based reader interests, search trends, seasonality and more.
You will regularly populate editorial calendars to meet both short-term and long-term goals. Professional experience ideating, writing and editing actionable and reported consumer articles with a focus on service journalism and commerce experience is a must. On top of editorial responsibilities, you will participate in editorial meetings and collaborate with fellow editorial staff, social teams, SEO teams and other stakeholders.
Our top priority is informing readers with fact-based and well-sourced shopping guidance. The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through shopping articles that are data-driven, easy to understand and compelling across topics, from tech and appliances to wellness, home, tech and kitchen. The ideal candidate will have edited articles to include relevant research and other trusted and expert sources. In your editing, you will parse out what readers need to know - and what is just marketing jargon - so they can make responsible and smart shopping decisions.
• Pitch, write, edit and produce shopping content for Select
• Translate relevant scientific research, complex news coverage and expert guidance into clear, concise and compelling content
• Ideate and help create content on a wide variety of topics
• Work on and finalize updates to evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Build commerce posts in the CMS
This position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $65,000 - $80,000
• At least 3 years editorial experience, including commerce experience
• Work experience for a major news brand is a plus
• Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Demonstrable understanding of using primary sources and experts to inform fact-based, grounded consumer advice
• Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to manage many different tasks at once
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
• SEO knowledge
• Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7wv6q-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.