KTAL TV/ NBC 6 has an exciting opportunity for a full time Technical Director with strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of broadcast newsroom and production operations. The candidate must also work with others while making decisions under pressure.
As a Technical Director, you will work with producers to follow rundown requests and make sure they can be executed cleanly in the newscast. In addition, you will direct technical aspects of newscasts and other productions such as promos and cut-ins among other projects assigned.
If you think this position is right for you, we encourage you to apply.
Job Skills and Requirements:
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
• Must give clear direction while executing a clean newscast under pressure
• Provide creative input and work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
• Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, editing etc.
• Test equipment prior to newscast to ensure proper operation.
• Be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues to work around problems that arise during live news
• Knowledge of Ross Carbonite, Xpression, and Bitcental Systems
• Knowledge of Adobe After Effect and Photoshop
• Ability to operate cameras, prompter, audio, and graphics as needed.
• Shift supervisor, when Production Supervisor is not in, overseeing production crew.
• Must be able to lift, set up, operate, and take down production equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88156-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.