WPTZ/NBC5 has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a News Photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers.
WPTZ/NBC5 , the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market is accepting applications for a full time Photojournalist. This member of our team will spend several hours each day out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XDCam, GoPro, iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station.
During work hours, you'll be in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility. In off hours, you'll be surrounded by some of the best ski areas in the country, scenic mountains, and some of the most beautiful waterways in the country.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Must possess a valid license, and have an excellent driving record. References and motor vehicle record will be checked.
• Position requires flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, as well as extensive travel within the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market and adjacent markets.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
• Can work in all weather conditions.
• Can organize and prioritize.
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do.
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience enthusiastically considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8380k-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.