NBC4 WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio, has an immediate opening for a digital reporter. The candidate should be a skilled writer who can craft content off assigned beat areas, breaking news and creating enterprise articles that will get people talking. The candidate will also help with the upkeep of the website and assist in covering other topic areas.
• Report news quickly and accurately
• Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) and be quick to report trending news stories and always on the hunt for content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
• Craft original content that stands out from competition
• Understand types of stories that drive traffic on the web
• Work with management to deliver a content mix that reflects the needs of our audience
• Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
• Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
• Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management
• Promote and distribute news content on social media
Skill/ Experience Requirements
• 2 years of experience creating content for the web
• Knowledge of AP style
• Adheres to journalistic ethics and standards
• Enjoys working in teams and is a strong communicator
• Ability to quickly learn new things and adapt to change
• Thrives under pressure and able to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and competitive
• Ability to be fast and first at breaking news on the web
• Able to deliver multiple stories for the web each day on a wide range of topics
• Familiar with contact information for various agencies to obtain information as quickly as possible.
• Understand social media's importance in reporting stories and delivering traffic
• Schedule flexibility (weekends)
• Regularly meets measurements of success
• Bachelor's Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjy8p2-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.