Senior Manager, Publicity (Nat Geo)
National Geographic is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Publicity to work across portfolio on select docuseries and specials. Based in NY, DC or LA, the Senior Manager will be responsible for developing, overseeing, and executing comprehensive, creative and strategic global media plans that result in press coverage, industry praise and awards buzz. The position is also responsible for maintaining strong communications and relationships with network talent, internal and external producers, as well as various freelancers and vendors to ensure the flow of information and identify PR opportunities.
• PR lead on assigned titles in dealing with executive producers, talent and media.
• Develop specific and detailed campaign strategies.
• Pitch, book, and cover interviews (both via phone and in-person).
• Write and edit press materials; developing talking points and drafting remarks and speeches.
• Plan and oversee set press visits.
• Manage show budgets and oversee support staff and agencies.
• Plan and oversee key industry events and television festivals, including TCA, SXSW, ComiCon and Upfront.
• 6+ years experience in publicity, preferably in streaming, television and/or entertainment.
• Excellent written, communication and presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience maintaining show budgets.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Highly organized, professional, motivated, and extremely detail-oriented with strong prioritization skills.
• Must have ability to multitask, work well under pressure and work effectively under changing priorities, deadlines, and daily time constraints.
• Extensive television press contacts.
• Basic knowledge of A/V needs/formats preferred.
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY and Washington, DC is $109,300 to $150,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Television.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wewn-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.